Categories

Monday, April 30, 2012

Red Velvet Cake balls aka AMAZEBALLS




These must be the definition of amazeballs! They are truly amazing balls and sooooo easy. I can't wait till I need to make a dessert again because this is a recipe I will continue to go back to. I found them on the cooking site "Bakerella" but I had to make some changes because the store I went to did not have red velvet cake mix. see below...

Ingredients: 
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake) OR
If you can not find it, which I couldn't, use german chocolate cake mix and add 1 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup vegtable oil, 3 eggs, 1 bottle of 1oz red food coloring, 2 Tbs. unsweetened baking cocoa powder
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate, you may want to buy 2 just in case)
wax paper
        
   
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting, easiest to use your hands
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet
4. Chill for several hours
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
I also only melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment