Categories

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Crawfish Corn Bisque


Living in Boston I have to ration my Louisiana crawfish. I only use it for my absolute favorite recipes and this is one of them! The original recipe calls for 2 cups of Heavy cream. So, I have changed this recipe up ALOT to make it more hearty and healthy.


To season the crawfish: 
(I do this first and put in the fridge)
Tony Chachere's 
    If you do not have this can use:
         1/4 tea. seasoning salt
         1/8 tea. garlic powder
         1/8 tea onion powder
         dash cayenne 1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernal corn
1 cup light cream (I have made this recipe with 2 cups of skim milk and no cream and it turns out great too, just thinner)
1 cup skim milk 
3 Tbs. butter
1/2 onion, minced
1/2 bell pepper, minced
1 stalk celery, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1-2 stalks chopped green onions (optional)

saute onion, bell pep., celery, and garlic and butter

cook down

Add creamed corn and simmer for 30min
Add a small amount of sugar (1 tea)
Stir in cream and milk 
Adjust quantity of milk to get desired consistency
Cook over med low until hot ~10 min
Add crawfish, cook 5-10 min 
Garnish with green onions.

enjoy!

Serving suggestion. Serve over crab cakes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment