Categories

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Trinidadian Chicken Curry

  • I adapted my own recipe from three recipes for Trinidadian Chicken Curry based on some of what I had on hand. It turned out really good. Id like to get advice from my Mom's best friend from Trinidad about the recipe she has used. if there are any updates I will post. But in the meantime I will definitely keep this recipe in rotation.
  •  
  • Ingredients: 
  • 4 chicken thighs (i used boneless)
    3 cloves garlic
  • 1 Bunch Collard Greens (I used Chinese broccoli)
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 3-6 thai chilis depending how how you want it (optional)
  • rice or polenta (optional)

  • Marinade
  • 2 green onions
  • 1 tomato 
  • dash tumeric
  • 1/4 tea cumin
  • 1/2 tea thyme
  • 1 tea garam marsala
  • 2-4 tea curry powder 

  • 1. Cut the chicken into ~1 inch peices
    2. Marinate chicken at least 30min with the above marinade ingredients
    3. cook the collard greens or chinese broccoli for ~4 min with the garlic and 1-2 tea olive oil or coconut oil
    season with salt and pepper
    set aside
    4. heat pan with 1-2 tea. olive oil or coconut oil
    add chicken with marinade
    cook ~7-10min until cooked through
    add 1 Tbs. water, season with salt and pepper
    5. Serve over the greens and if you would like over polenta or rice

No comments:

Post a Comment