Categories

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dirty Bananas



I went to the Martha's Vineyard last month and Libby kept talking about Donavon's Dirty Bananas. Yeah, I thought it was something dirtAdd Imagey too!:) But, it's essentially just a mudslide with a banana made by a guy named Donavon while he sings reggae.
I usually hate anything with banana in it so I ordered the regular mudslide. But after tasting the dirty banana I wished I had gotten that! So when we got back from the Vineyard and had a pool day at my place we mixed ourselves up dirty bananas and felt like we were back at the beach! This is a great summer drink!!


Ingredients:

Makes 1 Blender full

1/2 cup Vodka
1/2 cup Kahlua
1/2 cup Bailey's
1 Banana
Ice to fill blender

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
If you have Hersey's chocolate you and line the glass and add a squirt on top as well.
Serve with a straw and lay by the pool! Insert reggae music to get the full Donavon Dirty Banana experience!



4 comments:

  1. Had that when we went to Jamaica. It was damn good, and I hate bananas as well. (except for Banana flavored runts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap, me and you both. We must not be alone in this cause the other day I saw a candy machine and it was filled only with the banana runts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! My dad's family lives there year-round, so Oak Bluffs is like a 2nd home to me. I just returned from there and HAD to go find a DB recipe to help me with my MV withdrawals. Lol! Funnier still is that I searched and found THIS particular "Donovan's DB" recipe first!! Clearly, our friend Donovan has left an impression on us all!! 😉 I want to say though, that there isn't enough ingredients here to be a real Donovan DB. Going to give it a whirl anyway! Thanks for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to hear what you think! Thanks for the comment. Now I'm craving a dirty banana! Need one STAT!

      Delete