Categories

Monday, September 19, 2011

Basil Infused Vodka

I went to the Cisco Brewery in Nantucket last year and this is where I discovered Basil Infused Vodka! It was amazing!!! I had a strawberry, ginger ale, basil vodka drink and it was amazing. I am not one who usually goes for a mixed drink, but this one was not very sweet and so good and refreshing.

So, I had to try to make my own and it turned out great and was so so easy.
I suggest using it in a strawberry ginger-ale concoction or maybe a grapefruit basil Martini. However you mix it, I'm sure you will be happy and satisfied!


Ingredients:
Vodka (however much you want to infuse)
Basil
Airtight glass jar


1. Put vodka in airtight jar. Add a large amount of basil (I used about 1 1/2 cup vodka and about 3/4 cup basil.

2. Store in a cool, dark place for ~ 1 week. (I suggest the fridge or your pantry).

You can infuse your favorite type of booze and/or use your favorite fruit, vegetable, herb or spice. Some infusions can take 2-3 weeks so plan accordingly.

Some other suggestions:
strawberries
blueberries
cucumbers
mangos
jalapenos
lemons





No comments:

Post a Comment