Categories

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Stuffed Artichoke





One of my favorite things growing up was stuffed artichokes! Whenever I see a nice big artichoke at the store I must have one...or two! While in college Maw Maw Josie would stuff and freeze them for me to take home. So now when I make them I always make two and save one for later!


These can be cooked on the stove or in a crock-pot. The crock-pot makes it much easier and you don't have to watch them as much. If you cook on the stove you need to make sure there is always water in the bottom of the pan and be careful not to burn the bottoms.


Ingredients:
2 Artichokes
3/4 cup bread crumbs (I usually use Italian flavored)
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3/4 tea. Tony Chachere's
Stem of artichoke peeled and minced
1 Tb. olive oil
1Tb. water




1. Trim the top of the artichoke, and cut the spiky tips off each leaf.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Spoon the filling into the artichoke.
4. Cook in a crock-pot ~3 hours, or on the stove for 1.5 hours or until leaves are easy to pull out. Can dip in butter if you would like, after you eat the leaves make sure to eat the heart (the bottom part after cutting off the fur and the remaining leaves!



1 comment:

  1. You could also add ~1 Tb. water to the mixture as well. This will also help it from being dry.

    ReplyDelete