Categories

Monday, February 6, 2012

Greek Meat


Keeping with the "Claire" theme I wanted to post the best Greek meat I have ever tasted. This is probably the easiest, most flavorful recipe I have ever made. When I told my brother the ingredients he didn't believe me and insisted on adding to it, which he later admitted was a waste of time!:)

Ingredients:
1 pot roast (beef shoulder or something similar, you do not need to buy an expensive one)
2 cans rotel (I use original) with juice
1-2 jars of pepperchinis (1 big or 2 medium size jars) with juice
cream cheese
bread


1. Cut stems off the pepperchini's Put all ingredients in a slow-cooker aka crockpot.
2. Cook on low for ~ 6 hours. If it does not seem ready you can always cook another hour on high, but 6 hours usually does the trick.
3. Shred the meat with a knife and fork.
4. Cook another ~30min.
5. Serve with bread/rolls smeared with cream cheese! (this is seriously amazing)

**I try to make it a little healthy sometimes and eat without the bread like a soup. I add a little big of cream cheese dabs. However, the other day I didn't have cream cheese and only had cottage cheese and it was sooooo good. I think it will be my new addition.



1 comment:

  1. So good! You lie though, I didn't admit any thing! hahaha

    ReplyDelete