Categories

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Blue Cheese



Disclaimer: I seriously have a favorite stuffed chicken recipe, but since starting this blog I have not cooked it yet. But, it must be known that Kayla's Stuffed Chicken with Onion and Chive Cream Cheese is the #1 stuffed chicken recipe. Sadly, I have no pictures yet so it must wait.

The reason I felt I should start with a disclaimer is because this recipe, along with the previous posted stuffed chicken, are just good. Whereas, the yet to be posted is AMAZING! So, if your tired of a plain ol' chicken breast these are meant to be options.


Ingredients:
4 chicken breast
3 slices bacon (I made 2 with bacon and 2 without) or Prosciutto.
1 package fresh spinach
1 clove garlic
5 oz. blue cheese (I used reduced fat, and maybe this was the difference of liking and loving this recipe)
1 Tbl flour
Tony's
1 Tbl oil

1. Cook bacon till crispy (I used the microwave).
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Saute spinach with oil and garlic. Remove from heat; Stir in blue cheese and flour. Stir bacon in if desired.
4. Cut slit in the chicken breast to form pockets. Stuff spinach mixture into chicken, secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle outside of chicken with Tony's
5. Bake chicken for 30min and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I am going to make this one for JH in less than 3 WEEKS!!! And everything taste good with cream cheese and bacon. That is how I make my stuffed jalapenos too....

    ReplyDelete