Categories

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

I miss when I was little and used to have mashed potatoes weekly without having a second thought. Nowadays, I'm a little more Carb conscious and it's one of the last things that comes to mind when I want to make a side dish for myself.
I remember having these at Leigh's house back in high school and had always wanted to try making them myself. Well today was the day!

Ingredients:
2 Cups Cauliflower florets
1 cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
1 cup water
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbl. oil
salt
pepper
1 Tbl butter
1/8 tea. red pepper flakes
1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 min, or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 min.
2. Pour cauliflower mixture in a food processor. Add 1/2 tea. salt, butter and red pepper flakes.
3. Blend until smooth
4. Serve!! I served with a White Salmon, but is a great side for any meal.

1 comment: