Categories

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crab Cakes

Like I said, not only was my vacation filled with great friends and family, but it was filled with great food as well! We did a lot of home cooking and bbq'ing, but I also got to visit two of my favorites, Si Senor and Hometown burger TWICE!!!

My mom and I started cooking this crab pattie recipe only to find out half way through that it wasn't a crab cake recipe but was intended to be used as a filling. We had our hearts set on serving mini-crab cakes for Jill's Engagement party so we had to play around to make it work. The finished product was amazing bite size crabcakes! I do not like crab cakes that are filled with breadcrumbs. This recipe is great and loaded with crabmeat!


Ingredients:
2 cups crab meat
2 Tbs. Flour
3 stalks celery
1 Tbs. Worcestershire
2 Tbs. Minced Parsley
1 cup cream
3 Tbs. butter
2 medium onions
1/2 tea celery salt
1/4 red bell pepper
1 clove garlic
1 Tbs. Green onion (chopped)
~5 slices toasted french bread (crumbled)
Tony Chachere's, salt and pepper to taste

1. Chop celery very fine and dice onions. Saute celery, bell pepper, onion with butter ~ 20 minutes.
2. Add cream, crabmeat, parsley and seasonings: cook another 20 minutes.
3. Add crumbled toast. Mix well.
4 Bake at 350 degees ~5-10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment