Categories

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crawfish Pie

I just returned from my vacation in New Mexico. Visiting my family was a blast. When you go to the Stansbury house, cooking and eating is a huge part of the experience. By day two Jill and I had already planned out our meals for the next 9 days of our trip!! But Saturday nights party the menu was in our hands...in the next 5 posts you will see what we came up with.


For Jill and Blaine's engagment party in Farmington, NM we served heavy hor douves. Mom, Jill and I cooked all day and it was a huge success. We turned some of our favorite recipes into bite size creations and they all turned out so super cute and were perfect for the party! In the past I have made this Crawfish pie recipe in a deep dish pie crust and it was amazing as well.

Ingredients:
1 lb. Crawfish Tails
1 stick butter
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can rotel
2 lg. onions (chopped)
1 bell pepper (chopped)
2 sticks celery
2 green onions
4 cloves garlic
parsley
Pie crust or phyllo cups
Mix:
2 beaten eggs
3 slices of crumbled toast


1. Saute all except egg and toast. Add Cream of Mushroom, mix well.
2. Fold in tails, green onions and parsley.
3. Bake shells or pie crust at 400 degrees about 15-20 mintues.


1 comment:

  1. Good pics and good write up. I can vouch for this recipe. Definitely top notch!

    ReplyDelete