Categories

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers

Posting just in time for the 4th of July!! So easy and so good. This simple recipe was a hit at Jill's engagement party. The jalapeno's in New Mexico are much hotter than anywhere else I have lived, thankfully my fellow New Mexican's could take the heat!:) To ease my conscience I used the 1/3 less fat cream cheese, and I'm pretty positive no one could tell the difference. Some people like to mix the cream cheese with a sharp cheddar, but I like my stuffed jalapeno's simple.
I guess they went so quick I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the final product:) sorry.


Ingredients:
Jalapenos
Cream cheese
Bacon

1. Cut jalapeno's in half, lengthwise. De-vein and de-seed.
2. Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
3. Wrap each half with ~half peice of bacon.
4. Grill ~30-40min or Bake on 375 degrees until bacon is crispy. If after baking ~20 min and the bacon is still looking a little undercooked you can broil for a couple of minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment