Categories

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I'm going to start nice and simple with one of my favorites that I like to keep in the house for a healthy snack option. No two batches are exactly alike, but the one I made today was my all time favorite, so I will attempt to chronicle my steps in hopes that you can recreate my Black Bean and Corn Salsa. I have put many recipes together to get, in my opinion, the best one yet!!

Ingredients:

Jalapeno

Habenaro

Cilantro

1/2 shallot

1 Fresh Tomato

1 can Rotel with green chili

3-4 green onions

1/4 purple onion

1 garlic pod

1 can black beans

1 can Mexi-Corn

A couple of shakes of Red Wine Vinager

salt and pepper to tatse

dash of cumin (My mom disagree's, but I promise Mom, it's such a small amount you won't even know it's there)

A couple shakes of hot sauce (today I used Cholula)

Throw all the ingredients in a bowl, stir, and...wa la!


Yum yum yum! There you have it! The best black bean and corn salsa brought of all time from yours truely, 80 Percent!


Other suggestions: The other day I made this for Belinda and I. She made fish tacos later that night and we topped them off with this salsa and it was Fantasic!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love it..good job....the yellow titles don't show up very well on the light green..would change the color....I made the same salsa today with a few tweeks...haven't tasted it yet and will add avocado to some of it for dinner tonight....Ben and Allison are the guinea pigs...so we will see how they like it.
    Happy Cooking! *love the name of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!! I am totally making that dip soon. I am at moms right now and she made one similar to yours but with some chopped avocados in it and I am just eating it with a spoon. nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so it's unanimous! You rock and your salsa does too! Yum Yum Yum! Cant wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- and love the look of the site and the colors are very welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nom nom nom!

    this looks 180% delicious!

    ReplyDelete